Last Updated: October 2, 2023
This Privacy Notice outlines Softrip’s information practices and the options you have for the way your personal information is collected, used, stored, and disclosed.
How this Privacy Notice Applies; Who it Applies to
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, a reference to “Softrip,” “us”, “we,” is a reference to Softrip, LLC. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose and protect the Personal Data on our web site(s) that post or link directly to this notice (collectively, the “Site”) and the choices you have about our use of such data. “Personal Data” means personal information that relates to an individual or could be used to identify an individual. This could include information like name, email address, address or phone number. Where we collect such information directly from you, Softrip acts as the controller of such Personal Data and is responsible for its processing, unless expressly specified otherwise herein. This Privacy Notice does not apply to our processing of the Personal Data of Softrip business customers who are subscribers to the Softrip Platform, nor the customer’s users. In those cases, Softrip is acting as a processor, rather than controller of the data.
Examples of where this Privacy Notice applies includes where you:
- Visit the Softrip website(s) that display or link to this Privacy Notice;
- Receive communications from us or communicate with us, including via the Site, on-line chat(s), emails, phone calls, texts or faxes;
- Visit Softrip branded social media pages;
- Visit Softrip offices;
- Register for, attend or take part in events, webinars, programs, surveys or trainings by Softrip;
- Are employed by a customer of Softrip products and services where your information has been shared with us in our capacity as a controller, for example, during the contracting process;
- You do a demo of Softrip services by registering on the Softrip Site;
Personal Data We May Collect from You
Softrip requires certain Personal Data in order to provide you with information. For example, if you: Request information in use of our website: www.Softrip.com; Submit comments or questions via the contact page on our Site; or Setup a demo of the Softrip platform; Sign up to use the Softrip platform; Request support, receive training, or download certain content from the Softrip Site; Are employed by a Softrip customer using our services where your information has been shared with us by that customer.
In these instances, we collect information such as name, physical address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
If you do not provide your Personal Data, Softrip will not be able to provide you with the information requested, cannot respond to your comments or questions, and cannot serve you as a customer.
Data Softrip Receives from Other Sources
- Softrip may receive information collected at contract signing and/or Platform login time which is provided by a Softrip customer or its users.
- Softrip may also receive Personal Data from prospects who are evaluating Softrip services;
- Softrip may receive information from other sources in addition to information provided directly by data subjects. This information is used for marketing purposes and only shared with our service providers involved in supporting Softrip analytics and providing a better user experience of the Softrip Site. These additional sources may include data vendors; and information received from tradeshows and events.
Our Use of Personal Data
- Softrip needs access to certain information in order to provide you with Softrip products and services. Softrip uses the information to provide, update, maintain, administer, improve and protect Softrip Platform and services, Sites and business; to comply with applicable law, legal process, or regulation; to communicate with you in responding to requests, comments, and questions; to develop and provide search, learning, and productivity tools and additional features; to send emails and other communications; for billing, account management, and other administrative matters; and to investigate and help prevent security issues and abuses.
- Softrip may have other uses described under the CCPA as “business purpose” in addition to the above, which may include the use of personal information for operational purposes, such as verification of customer information, processing transactions, providing product information, advertising or marketing services, customer service, trouble-shooting errors, audits, investigation of security incidents, account service and maintenance, processing payments, analytic services, technological development and demonstration, and undertaking activities to verify, maintain, and improve the quality or safety of a service.
Marketing: If you opt-in and request information via our Site or sign up for trial use of our products and services, Softrip will provide you with requested information about Softrip products and services, will enable you to request informational materials, participate in evaluations or surveys, enter promotions or contests, or may enable you to submit comments or questions about Softrip and its services.
Assignment, Merger. We may disclose Personal Data that we collect to an affiliated entity or a third party or their respective advisers in the event of a merger, sale, reorganization, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
Legal disclosures. Softrip may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to comply with legal process such as a court or administrative order, subpoena, search warrant, or a national security or law enforcement request.
Basis for Processing Personal Data
Softrip agreements are with other businesses, and partners rather than directly with individual consumers. Softrip may collect any information reasonably necessary to negotiate and fulfil the purpose of such agreements. The information collected for this purpose may include business contact information, order details, as well as information required for the provision of the Softrip Platform and services.
Where you request information from Softrip about the Softrip Platform, you may elect to receive electronic communication from us.
Softrip might process where it has a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Data. For example, we may process the Personal Data we collect from you to register visitors to enhance safety and security of Softrip facilities. We also process personal data in providing access to information on the Softrip Platform, and in delivering, securing, and enhancing the performance of the Softrip Site.
Softrip will also process where it is necessary to perform a contract.
In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as where Softrip is responding to legal process, processing data subject rights requests, and complying with applicable laws.
Who We Share Information With
Softrip does not share, or sell your personal information in exchange for money. However, we may share your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Service Providers. Softrip has relationships with third parties to assist in providing, administering, and securing products and services for our customers. Any service providers with whom Softrip shares personal information have written agreements with Softrip, are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Softrip, and are required by contract to maintain the confidentiality of the information Softrip provides.
Analytics Providers. Softrip also works with service providers with whom Softrip has a written agreement which may track your activities on the Softrip Site to enhance its functionality and improve Softrip`s marketing efforts and provide you with advertising based on your visit.
Marketing. Information received by Softrip from opt in may be shared with Softrip service providers with whom Softrip has written agreements in order to enable us to provide marketing communications, to improve the user experience of the Softrip Platform, and or the Softrip Site for customers and prospects.
Information Security and Retention
- Security Safeguards. Softrip uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect and preserve the security and confidentiality of the Personal Data we receive. For more information about the security of the Softrip Platform, please review the safeguards for the Softrip Platform as described at https://www.softrip.com/legal/security-addendum-8-3-2023/.
- Data Retention. Information processed as part of a trial period is stored for the minimum time necessary to process the information. Information processed under our customer agreements is governed by that customer agreement rather than this privacy notice. Marketing Information that we collect is used for marketing purposes until a customer or prospect opts-out.
Softrip does not permit the use of Softrip Platform, or Sites by anyone younger than 16 years of age to the extent prohibited by applicable law. If you are younger than 16, or aware of anyone under 16 that has provided us with personal data, please contact us – See contacting Softrip section below.
Your Privacy Choices
Marketing Emails. Softrip gives you some choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
- If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may stop receiving these marketing-related emails by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Data on a going-forward basis with our affiliates or with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may request we cease this sharing by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Softrip will honor your request as soon as reasonably practicable, and in accordance with applicable law. Please note that if you choose not to receive marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and if you are a Softrip Platform user, you cannot elect to stop receiving such administrative messages, unless you choose to stop receiving services from us.
Requests to Access, Modify, Delete or Limit Use of your Personal Data. In order to request to review, correct, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Data you previously provided to us, please make a request by contacting us; please see the “Contacting Softrip” section below.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, in accord with our customer agreements and applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting the change or deletion.
Exercising Your Rights, Customer Data. Softrip may also process Personal Data where it is submitted to the Softrip Platform by a Softrip customer or partner. Where Softrip is processing Personal Data about you due to Softrip’s agreement with a customer or partner, Softrip is acting as a processor or sub-processor of the Personal Data, and is processing the Personal Data on behalf of such partner or customer. In that situation, Softrip is prohibited by contract from addressing your rights directly, and if you want to exercise any of these rights with respect to such Personal Data, please contact the customer or partner directly.
Onward Transfers of Data
Softrip processes data primarily in the US. If you are a resident of an EU member state or UK and have a user identification and password to use Softrip`s Platform on a trial basis, or you have opted into receive our marketing communications, or other information about the Softrip Platform, you are a “data subject” and as such have certain rights that Softrip, when acting as a controller, will honor directly with respect to the Personal Data about you it holds:
- Right to access. You have the right to access personal information Softrip has about you.
- Right to correct. You have the right to request Softrip correct any inaccurate personal data Softrip has about you.
- Right of erasure. You have a right to request Softrip delete personal data has about you.
- Right to restrict processing. You have a right to restrict processing of personal data Softrip has about you.
- Right to opt out of certain disclosures to third parties. You may opt out of marketing communications by contacting us; please see the Contacting Softrip section below. You have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority
- Exercising Your Rights. Customer Data. Please see the section above which addresses this.
- Please Note: If we obtained your personal information through our relationship with a Softrip customer or partner, you should contact the customer or partner directly to exercise your rights.
Additional Rights; California Residents
Per the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations this section applies if you are a resident of California (“Consumer”), and your personal information is collected and processed by Softrip as described in this notice.
Softrip may collect information which identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). Softrip may obtain personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, through information we ask from you when our Customers or their agents subscribe to a trial or enter a contract with us to use our Platform.
- Directly and indirectly from you when using our Services or visiting our Site. For example, usage details collected automatically in the course of your interaction with the Softrip Platform or your use of the Softrip Site.
- Directly from a Softrip customer. For example, from information Softrip customers provide to us related to their use of the Softrip Platform for which they engage us. Softrip would store name, and email address in order to authenticate users of our services.
Softrip may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the business purposes listed in the Our Use of the Personal Data section above in the privacy notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Although Softrip has not sold or shared personal information in exchange for money in the past 12 months, Softrip has shared within the past 12 months certain personal information with the various types of third parties listed in the “Who We Share Information With” section for a business purpose. Softrip has written contracts that requires the recipient of the personal information to secure and keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. Softrip does not knowingly “sell” any personal information of persons under the age of 16.
Your Rights Under CCPA
You have the following rights under CCPA.
- Right of Disclosure or Access. You have a right to request information on the personal information we have collected and disclosed about you in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity, and to receive information regarding the business purposes, including information on any third parties with which Softrip shares information.
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information. If we maintain personal information about you, you have the right to request we correct inaccuracies, taking into account the nature and purposes of processing.
- Right of Data Portability. In response to a request for disclosure, Softrip will provide you with your personal information in an available and readily usable format.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request Softrip to delete personal information Softrip has collected directly from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Opt-out Right for Personal Information Sales. You have the right to opt out of certain marketing.
- Non-Discrimination. Softrip will not discriminate against a consumer exercising their rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
- Contact Softrip. Please see the below section “Contacting Softrip”.
- Reply to any Softrip Marketing Email with “Un-subscribe” feature by clicking on the Un-subscribe link in the email
Softrip Response to Rights Request
- Respond within 45 days after receipt. Softrip will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with Softrip, we will deliver our response to the registered email associated with the account. If you do not have an account with Softrip, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
- If Softrip is unable to take action on a request we will explain why in our response to you.
- Provide the information free of charge, unless a request is excessive or manifestly unfounded.
- Please note that:
- Consumers may only make most information requests twice a year and only for a twelve-month look-back.
- Please note that We cannot provide you with personal information and may not be able to respond to requests if we cannot verify your identity or that you have the authority to request the personal information.
Sensitive Personal Data Restriction
Please do not send any sensitive Personal Data directly to Softrip through this Site. Sensitive personal data may include information such as social security numbers, passport numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership. Please note that Softrip may process sensitive personal data when our Customers include it in the data we are processing on their behalf. In such cases, Softrip is acting per Customer’s instructions as a processor, and our access to and use of such data is limited to providing the services the customer contracted for.
- If you have privacy-related questions or concerns regarding Softrip data protection practices that are not addressed in the Softrip Privacy Notice, please contact Softrip:
1111B S. Governors Ave #6072, Dover, DE 19904
Telephone contact: (215) 572-7777
- If you choose to contact Softrip via e-mail about this Privacy Notice, please include as the subject heading of your e-mail “Privacy Inquiry”
- Softrip will respond within  days to all legitimate requests. Please provide sufficient information so that we can identify you and confirm that the request is valid. We may request additional information to confirm your identity or the scope of the request.
- In accordance with applicable laws, you may lodge a complaint with the data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs.
Privacy Notice Changes
Softrip may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect regulatory changes and changes to our business. Changes will be posted here with email notification to our users. If you disagree with our changes, you’ll retain the right to opt-out or, if applicable to you, request deactivation of your account by sending an email to Softrip at legalnotices@Softrip.com.